GRID Legends is expected to become the best and most flexible part of among Codemasters most popular race simulators. With reporters and staff of the PR-service at Electronic Arts we tested several multiplayer options for the upcoming race, and we are eager to talk about the capabilities of the game online.
- producer: Codemasters
- Publisher:Electronic Arts
- Please note: February 24, 2022
The next chapter of the GRID racing franchise is a racing simulation emphasizing a storytelling campaign. The players will be told an epic competition between various car racers. It will use thrilling road conditions to reveal the intricate nature of modern motorsports and realistic scenes featuring real actors.
Shortly, we’ll give a complete overview of the project. We will detail the efforts and the new developments made by Codemasters. We will also overview the network element that is part of this project.
- Private and public games are all available to racers. Anyone can set up and start their race online using the constructor and invite players to join the race via the friend system or quick play system.
On the same track, there will be as many as 22 racing enthusiasts participating simultaneously. If you can’t find enough participants, expert bots will replace them. Drivers can choose to be part of a random or particular group of slots for free, even during the middle of an event. In this situation, the system will allow him to take charge of one of the bots’ cars. In this manner, Codemasters will minimize player waiting times for online races.
- The lawn is a perfect place to slow down, and collisions with other objects as well as turns with bumpers are punished with significant slowing of the vehicle, and the things thrown off during the race (tires or pallets) remain on the track for the duration of the race and could become a significant obstruction for drivers.
- GRID Legends partially encourages aggressive driving but only within permissible limitations. As a result, cars are highly vulnerable to collisions; however, should this be done with care, the game calculates penalties seconds and subtract funds, and, in some instances, the racer may be disqualified.
Nemesis lets you get revenge with no consequences however, only for the time frame you choose.
- Physics is still too young to determine, but the sensation of driving various cars is distinctly different. Off-road vehicles with a high suspension can flip when turning sharply, rally cars excel in controlled drifts, while sports cars are very well-controlled.
I’ve not noticed that the weather conditions have any noticeable influence on the handling of cars. Perhaps the cars here have quickly adapted to the climate characteristics of the race, or perhaps I didn’t have the time to experience the differences.
- Within GRID Legends, the visuals are amazing, and the backgrounds are textured, 3D, and well-detailed. Most striking is created by using lighting and animations (pyrotechnics and lights) and the car damage models, along with the fantastic engine sounds and the environmental effects. The music is also an absolute delight.
- Multiplayer matches are rewarded. After the race, participants receive money and skill points, and mileage points which fill up the progress bar and unlock new cars that can be purchased. You can also rent a vehicle; however, the rewards will be reduced by 50%, and no mileage points will be given.
It’s unclear what other funds will be used aside from purchasing and paying for car repairs. It will be clear how they are handled with tuning and customizing the report. But, before every race, like previous versions of GRID, the system lets you adjust the shock absorbers, springs, or stabilizers, as well as brakes cars.
The GRID Legends multiplayer features several game modes with distinct rules for different car classes. One of the most enjoyable is there are the following listed:
- Outtakeout race, where drivers compete on their skill in an arc race. The loser is eliminated if they do not catch up to their opponents before the timer runs out.
- Multi-Class Racing, where several categories of cars compete in the same race. For instance, sports-trucks or classic monoposts. The enormous and unwieldy trucks are less agile than cars in terms of their maneuverability However, they are able to remove them from the track.
- Drifting is a sport where drivers compete to win drift points obtained through sustained combos and then reset after they come across obstacles.
The launch of GRID Legends on PC, Xbox and PlayStation will be on February 24 2022. It will include more than 250 career-related events, more than 130 race tracks spread across the globe, more than 100 licensed vehicles and much more. The game can be pre-ordered on the following link.